Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What did you think you would grow up to be?

Like most children I had dreams of being famous, I still do... but when I was little I honestly thought that I would grow up to be the crazy cat lady.

Most kids teased and told stories about the crazy cat ladies but not me. I was sure that they weren't crazy and may not have actually had any cats at all. If they did it was probably a reasonable amount like two or three. They were just misunderstood. They had names but no one cared to ask. They were old and lived alone with no visitors. The most you would see them outdoors would be to and from the mailbox. I felt sorry for them. They looked sad and lonely in their big old empty houses. 

When I thought about getting older I imagined that this would be me. I had assumed that no one would love me and I would end up alone with only cats to keep me company. I am not old yet but thankfully I have found someone who loves me in return and we only have two cats. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment