Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ramblings from 2009

I was going through some stuff in my craft room and came across a journal from 2009. I had just started playing drums at the time and we were supposed to try to write lyrics. Nothing ever came of this little homework assignment but as I was flipping through the journal this page stood out to me.

Most of the time that I sit down to write I start with a word or a line and it turns into a story on it's own. It is never pertaining to me or anyone that I know. It is just a completely random fictional scenario, this is a good example:

a tear falls
hits the ground 
another follows 
she screams out loud 
she thinks to herself 
I'd better run 
her feet won't budge 
then she sees his gun 
she tries to recall 
the events that led up to this moment
her thoughts are stopped 
by the sound of a bullet
her chest feels warm 
she falls to the ground 
with her last breathe she whispers
"I forgive you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment