Thursday, October 11, 2012

Star Afghan

I have been crocheting for a little over 8 years now and consider myself to be pretty good. I tried to make a star afghan about 4 years ago but had a hell of a time with the pattern. I tried a few different patterns and just couldn't get it to work. I would look at other completed afghans and didn't understand why I was having such difficulty with the pattern.

Back in February I was browsing around Ravelry and happened on a different version of the pattern and decided to give it a try again. (If you knit or crochet and aren't registered for Ravelry you should rectify that as soon as possible! It is a great place to find patterns but also see completed projects from the patterns.)

Anyway, I have been working on this off and on between other projects and finally finished it today. The pattern worked up pretty quickly, I could have finished it in a few weeks if I worked on it continuously. I used a pretty bulky yarn and K hook intending to use this as a rug but it is just so warm and soft that I changed my mind. 

I used bright colors toned down with black and I love how it turned out! You can get the pattern here if you'd like to make one yourself.






No comments:

Post a Comment